Before looking for advice on menopause relief, you may find it interesting to know that the word menopause literally comes from Greek, meaning the “end of monthly cycles”, but humorists enjoy saying that it also means “men – o – pause”, pause from men. A normal woman begins experiencing menopause symptoms at 51, but the transition may begin anywhere between one’s 40’s and the 60’s.
Most common signs of menopause are the lack of menstruation for a period of one year, together with hot flashes from time to time. Each human body is different and, that is why, one of the following symptoms can be a communication-cord:
- Mood swings;
- Weight gain;
- Low libido;
Studies have revealed several effective solutions for menopause relief.
Five tips to relieve menopause symptoms
Even though some women find their symptoms acceptable and let them go away by themselves, others have to deal with more annoying signs of menopause, which can be treated. Here are some tips:
- Diet – Eating properly can be the secret of a healthier life during menopause. You should focus on fresh fruits, vegetables, beans and healthy fish oil. Avoid sugar, fries or caffeine.
- Plants and homeopathic treatments can also provide relief. A natural and popular remedy for hot flashes, mood swings and insomnia is primrose oil.
- Sport always improves health during these periods. It has been proven that physical exercises, yoga, dancing or walking help fighting depression, hot flashes or weight gain.
- Changing your lifestyle is fundamental after facing menopause.
- A number of over the counter medicines can also help control the symptoms of menopause, like low-dose oral contraceptives and menopausal hormone therapy.
If natural remedies do not work, the safest way to menopause relief is consulting your physician and following their advice.